Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekend of Friends and Fun

The croche with arch move.
This may have been the best post-trip weekend I could have imagined.  On Friday, I spent 11-2:30 with Jessy and her 6 week old and her 2 year old.  They are such adorable little boys and it was so good to see her and catch up.  We took the oldest to the mall to let him play at the indoor play area while I held the sleeping baby, then we ate lunch at Harpers.  Though I must say, I got a whole new respect for people with children that close together. It sure makes things like eating out and going anywhere a logistical mess.  Especially when it's pouring rain.  I really don't know how she does it when no one is with her.  (Note to self: have children at least 3 years apart).

After that, I met a fairly new friend out for tea at Amalies.  And, I actually drank tea. English breakfast tea to be specific.  It was pretty good. :)  I love making new friends because there is so much to talk about that neither one knows.

Brian (teacher) trying to explain a complicated move.
From there I worked out and it felt so good after having not been to the gym in weeks that my 8 1/2 minute mile flew by in no time and I was barely out of breath.  That evening, my friend Brandon came over for dinner and we played Boggle and watched Soul Surfer with the family.  The movie is based on a true story about a girl who wanted to be a pro surfer and had her arm bitten off by a shark (she lived/surfed in Hawaii).  She went on to become a pro surfer and got first place a few years later.  The movie was surprisingly good and touching - with unbelievable scenery!

On Saturday morning I took another silk class and this time I mastered "the scorpion" - the move that caused me to fall on my head last time.  I also learned several other cool new moves and had a lot of time on the silk because only two of us were sharing one silk.  I really like the teacher on Saturdays - he's only a year older than me and very chill.  If I say "I really want to learn this today" then he's like "okay."  Today, of course, my muscles are screaming at me - but I consider it an unproductive day if I don't feel the effects of it the next day. lol

This would be the complicated move.
After that I went over to Nicole (the girl I tutor)'s house and took her out to lunch and shopping and then to see Crazy, Stupid, Love which was just delightful.  Not only was it funny, but Ryan Gosling is beautiful and I've decided that he could propose to me tomorrow and I would say yes.  I've also decided, I need to re-watch The Notebook for the 150th time (give or take). 

This morning, I saw a lot of friends at church who I hadn't seen in a while and we all ate at Witch, Wich afterward (which is a sandwich place that let's you choose your sandwich by marking everything you want on a paper bag and writing your name on it.  It then goes through the line of production and the sandwich is put in the bag at the end and your name is called out).  My friends and I chose to do Captain Planet names.  I was Fire.  We also had Earth, Wind, Water and Captain Planet himself.  (But he was, apparently, Heartless).  The guy who was calling out the names was tickled to death and actually called out the last one (Captain Planet) by saying "And with these powers combined, CAPTAIN PLANET!"  (He said this very loudly so the whole restaurant could hear). 


The scorpion - done successfully! (And close to the ground!)



Then I bought new running shoes (I figured I might as well since mine are getting a bit worn looking and they are on sale and tax free right now), saw my grandparents and soon will be trying out my new cleats with some Frisbee.  What a great weekend!







Ready for church wearing the shoes the girl I tutor loaned me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment