Monday, August 22, 2011

Movies that Make You Say "YES"!

Despite the craziness of work lately, I had a really lovely weekend.  On Friday I babysat for Nicole (the girl I tutor) and we hung out and watched two great movies. 

The first was Something Borrowed which got mediocre reviews at best, but I absolutely loved it.  The characters and emotions were all so believable and throughout the movie I was shouting at the TV either saying "Yes, so true!" or screaming at one of the characters for acting just like people I know in real life.  I feel like there are a lot of people in my age bracket who could stand to watch this movie.

The second was Jane Eyre, which was my 4th time seeing it, but I loved it just as much as the first.  That is one of my favorite books of all time, and that movie totally does it justice. 

Getting ready to jump on the bungee trampoline.
On Saturday I went to silk aerial in the morning, then Brandon came with me to Weddstock - a festival in Weddington I was covering for the paper.  It was actually pretty fun.  There was live music, animals and bungee trampolines.  I was really proud of myself because the last time I did bungee trampolines I screamed on the first five drops, but this time I was totally fine and I did a lot of flips in both directions (and front flipping on that thing is rather tricky).  I thank my silk classes for these new accomplishments.  I can also thank my silk classes for the fact that I can now do pull-ups (like three, but still!). 

That evening, I met my friend Flaviu at his shared condo with our other Romanian friend Dorian.  When I arrived, a 3rd Romanian guy, Charlie, was there with his parents and sister who were visiting from Cary.  It was really great meeting them and since Charlie's mom said she loved tango, Dorian and I gave her a demonstration before Flaviu and I went dancing at Latorres.  In between dances, we quizzed each other on crazy hard words like dilettante and epicurean, and I hate to say, he won.  He even has a list of such words on a Post-It on his wallet so he can work on ones he reads and doesn't know.  I think I've met my match. lol 

Flipping on the bungee jump.
Today I went to my first town meeting for Weddington.  Unfortunately, not enough of the board members showed up and the meeting was canceled; however, I got to know some people and made some contacts that should help with future stories. 


A few minutes ago my friend Sam from Galveston who I CouchSurfed with last summer (he's the one who taught me how to surf) arrived.  He's doing a 5,000 mile bike trip to raise money for his charity Infinity & Beyond which raises money for cancer research and families who need treatment and can't afford it.  He'll be visiting until Friday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment