Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Poem I Wrote

With my cousins and grandparents.
Reflection

It's on a quiet night
like this one here,
when you think about all
that you hold dear.

The extended family
who helped you grow;
the brother you love
Mom and Dad - my first birthday.
even when he doesn't know.

Parents who did everything
to make sure you were well;
whose love poured out
in every story they would tell.

Friends who have known you
from the time you were small,
who will be there for you always
My brother and me with Grandma and Grandpa.
no matter what time you call.

The army man on the plane
who talked away your fears,
though he hadn't slept
in what seemed like years.

All across the world
the lost sisters that you found;
though they didn't speak your tongue
their heartbeats shared your sound.

With my oldest friend.
The red rocks of the west
so vibrant in hue;
the snow-capped mountains
reaching into the blue.


The way the stars shine
on a moonless night;
diamonds on black velvet
- a breathtaking sight.

Thunder rolling just outside
with the summer smell of rain
- reminds me of childhood,
With lost sister Anna in Greece.
memories free from pain.

Sometimes growing up
feels strange and scary
but when I count my blessings
I never feel wary. 

Surely my life will be
something more than I can see;
for I have been given the keys
to unlock the very heart of me.


Red rocks of Utah.









The Grand Tetons.









Stars in Capitol Reef National Park, UT.











Summer storm in Tucson.

No comments:

Post a Comment