Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Month of Friends, Food and Gatherings

So today, after eating an entire plate of bruchetta by myself at yet another eat-out lunch with Life Group gals, I realized that while December has been a fabulous month for reunions and socializing, it is making me darn near neurotic about my gym attendance. 

Last night the Community News team at the paper got to attend the Bobcats game in the Observer suite which was really cool, but of course we all went out before hand to Buffalo Wild Wings and pigged out on onion rings, hot queso dip and chips, fried pickles and wings.  It was nice though - there were about 12 of us between team members and friends/spouses that were able to make it.  I think I haven't even talked to half of our team before since I sit on the other side of the news room.  Anyway, I paid little attention to the game (though we did win), but the bonding and chill out-of-work atmosphere was nice.

Today, Erika (the one I visited in Cary) who was supposed to fly back to LA Tuesday had to take the train down from Raleigh so she could fly out of Charlotte today w/all the snow delays and cancellations messing up travel everywhere.  Thus it was an unexpected treat to meet her and a couple of the other Life Group women out for lunch at Brixx (for the second time this week - yes, we all met on Monday as well....and if you've ever scoured their online nutrition facts...well, just pray for some short term memory loss).

When I got back from lunch, a coworker brought the people in my section each a bag of homemade treats that look amazing, but I couldn't touch a thing after that bruchetta plate. 

Tomorrow morning, since all my girls are off work, we're having a 9:30 a.m. PJ brunch and then of course there is the NYE party at Village Tavern that night which will have tons of free food (and many friends) - it's all just a little overwhelmingly....foody. lol  Not that I would trade it for anything - even if I do gain 5 lbs, an abundance of friends and family is never a bad thing in my book.

On another happy note, Jamie just moved back into town.  We were good friends in HS and now that she's gotten a job as a nurse in Charlotte, I hope we'll be able to spend time together again.  She's coming to the NYE party with the girls and me, so I'm quite excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment