Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Eve and a New Mission

New Year's Eve was so much fun this year.  I met up with Jamie and we got ready, then met Elizabeth Anne, Christina and several of the other girls at EA/Christina's place.  We drove over to Village Tavern together and I immediately saw many familiar faces and started making introductions.  My friend Ryan and his friends joined our table as we ate some of the buffet food and I ran into other friends whom I hadn't seen in a while.  After eating we went into the big outdoor tent and danced...a lot. 

I have a good feeling about 2011.  My network of friends has blossomed and swelled since the same party last year, and as I looked at all the faces around me, I realized what a blessing 2010 was to me.  I found my church, my Life Group girls (now my best friends in Charlotte), saw the US, identified my calling and decided to make it happen...though it made itself happen in a very surprising turn of events when the Charlotte Observer called me out of the blue for a job.  My "mission" on Couchsurfing this year was to "get published."  And in the last 3 months of 2010, my mission was completed.  So I guess now it's time for a new mission...

Mission ideas anyone?  

After getting ready! From left: Me, Chantal, Jessica, Brooke, EA, Christina, Jamie.

With Christina and EA.

Grayson, Me, Jamie, Zach, Jessica in the dance tent.
Back of my dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment