Thursday, September 8, 2011

Creative Urges

Do you ever have trouble deciding how to express your emotions?  Right now I am torn between the desire to write, sing, dance, run, draw, or just give up entirely and sleep.  I often get these urges (usually late at night when very little is actually practical) where I just feel like I'm being pulled in a million different directions from the inside and I want to scream which leads to the want to run - as though I could outrun the creative urges battling inside me. 

I probably sound schizophrenic right now, but seriously, what do people do with these feelings?  Usually I feel like I can't pick so I end up just ditching the whole idea and watching TV - or blogging instead of writing a creative story which would take significantly more time. 

Part of it comes from what a fantastic day it was and how I really wanted to be outside and I couldn't be and now I'm regretting not taking a long walk or running outside or playing Frisbee.  Tomorrow morning, I think I'll run outside.  My allergies can just take a backseat to the beauty of the day (please let tomorrow be as gorgeous as today!). 

I'm pretty sure, if I could fly, I wouldn't feel this way.  I really wish I could fly.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment