Monday, October 22, 2012

Good Times are Here

It's been a really good week!!  First off, I got a job!  I was officially offered the position at Community Blood Center of the Carolinas on Oct. 15.  I went in to fill out the paper work and get my drug test (which I passed - shocker, I know ;)).  Anyway, they agreed to let me still keep my Cali trip plans, so I will start Nov. 6. 

This past weekend I went to the mountains for a girls retreat with some of the girls from my bible study. I was a little let down right before the weekend started, for I'd planned this way in advance so everyone could come, and we had about 15 people say they'd be there - and then, they all ended up dropping out, excuse after excuse, until there were only four of us left who actually made it up to Jonas Ridge. However, as soon as we got up there, I forgot about my letdown and was taken away by the unbelievable beauty.  It was a peak weekend for the leaves, and wow.  So gorgeous. 

Katie and I went up first on Friday afternoon.  I showed her around the mountain and we did a little impromptu photo shoot playing with the settings on my new camera.  (Which, by the way, I absolutely love).  Then we visited with the Keiths for a little while before heading back to the house.  We tried to catch the sunset, but the clouds were too low to see it well.

We came back and played around with the photos on the computer and made tuna for dinner.  Ti and Christina arrived about 9:20 and Christina and I taught Ti and Katie how to play Spades.

On Saturday, I made pancakes for breakfast and then we went to Upper and Lower Falls. We hiked to Lower and then hiked over the boulders to get to Upper (my usual route). The water was higher than usual though, so we had a bit of an interesting time and a little bush-whacking to get up there.  Christina wanted to take jumping pictures (inspired by all of mine), so we went a little crazy with the jumping pics. lol

By the time we got back to the house, we were all sore and tired.  We took showers and changed and got all pretty to go out and do an official photo shoot with my camera and tripod. I directed the shoot and I think the photos turned out really great.  It was a lot of fun being able to direct the shots and be in them.

The sunset that night was absolutely gorgeous. 

We finished our game of spades, made lasagna for dinner and then watched "Wild Hearts Can't be Broken" - one of my favorite old Disney movies.

Christina and Ti went to bed about 10:30, but Katie and I went out to look at the stars - and I saw two shooting stars. It was very cold, but it was nice, lying in the yard and watching the clouds move to reveal the heavens.

The next morning I made biscuits (from a bag) and oatmeal (which I kinda burned), but anyway, I was the first one up (amazingly), so that's just the way it was.  The biscuits were good. :)

We went to Linville Falls after that, but it was really crowded.  Pretty, but nothing super special.  Christina and Ti left after lunch and Katie and I got some stuff done until 5 when we left and headed straight for a clothing exchange. 

It wasn't as good as the last clothing exchange, but we each found some good stuff.  Overall, it was a very full weekend.  Now, I'm trying to get a bunch of stuff done before I leave for Cali on Thursday.  So excited!!!




Ti and Me

Me, Christina, Ti, Katie

me


















No comments:

Post a Comment