Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Up and Down

So Monday was a bit of a letdown from Super Bowl Sunday.  I received a rejection from the Creative Writing Program at Washington University in St. Louis.  I was really bummed because that is the only school that Lieselotte and I both applied to and I was really hoping to get in so we could go together.  :'(  I was also less-than-enthused about work (which has been fairly habitual lately), and it was a gloomy day anyway.  I did go back to the gym for the first time in over a week which was wonderful!  I didn't run, but I did some steep up-hill walking, elliptical, pull-ups, crunches and stretches. 

On Tuesday I went back to silk class for the first time since my fall.  The teacher has changed the whole structure of the class thanks to my fall.  We are now doing more dance-like stuff and more strength training and less "wow-factor" stuff (like crazy drops).  I suppose it is good, as we do tend to move fairly fast.  But anyway, class was just what I needed and got my endorphins pumping. 

I was all hyped-up by the time I got to Charlotte ONE, and my friends Jamie, Lisa and Josh all met me there and we sat together and it was really nice.  Afterward, Jamie, Lisa and I went to Fox & Hound and Tiffany (who is in town for a couple days) met us.  Other CharlotteONE friends came in and out talking to us, I sang two songs in karaoke ('Hand in my Pocket' by Alanis Morrisette and 'Maybe it was Memphis' by Pam Tillis).  It was overall a very fun night and so good to be surrounded by loving friends.  Today I'm excited to go to the gym again and then my life group girls and I are having a social dinner instead of normal Bible study, which will be nice to have a catch-up.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment