Thursday, February 23, 2012

Taking this Life for Granted

Please click on the following link to read the most recent post by my friend Bethany who is currently on the World Race.  http://bethanywaddell.theworldrace.org/?filename=my-problem-list

The World Race is an 11 month mission trip to 11 different third world countries.  Currently, Bethany is in Honduras, having started in the Dominican Republic. In each country she and her teammates will perform a variety of tasks - building/cleaning schools and churches, leading Bible camps, playing with the children, teaching English.  In some countries they may dig wells, help in hospitals, help groups trying to end the sex trade, work in fields...there is a lot of unknown.

Her blog is always interesting, often making me laugh out loud.  And honestly, it puts my blog to shame.  But that's okay. ;)  

It seems, after reading this recent post, that all my problems are incredibly petty.  How dare I complain, when I've never known the definition of starvation?  When I can't remember what it was like to be illiterate?  When I have the peace and joy of knowing I am loved by family, friends and God?  Next time I am heartbroken or self-pitying, I believe I shall go back and read Bethany's "Problem List" blog, and shift my mental perception. 

No comments:

Post a Comment