Thursday, March 2, 2017

Goodbye Bali

Our final day was the only truly relaxing one Linda and I got the whole trip. We went back to some local shops, I got a massage and a facial, Linda got a massage and pedicure, then we had lunch at a little café and returned to the hotel to swim in the ocean and the pool, watch the most stunning sunset of our trip, and return to the pool after dinner. It was the perfect end to our trip.

beach day

beach day

sunset

sunset



sunset

last dinner

pool time

We left the next morning (Thursday) at 10:30 a.m. We went from Bali to Singapore, Singapore to Hong Kong and Honk Kong to San Francisco. The whole trip, including layovers, took about 28 hours, yet we arrived in San Fran at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday. We lost a day on the way over, but gained a day on the way back. The trip back was much easier than the one there. Probably because 1) there were only 3 flights instead of 4 (since I am staying in San Fran for a few days), and 2) because we started in the morning so I wasn’t already exhausted after the first flight. We also had an open seat between us on all legs of the flight, which made it much easier to sleep on the 12 hour leg, as we took turns laying down. We had a four hour layover in the Hong Kong airport – which basically looks like a huge mall – and we checked out the Disney Store there and had pizza at Pizza Express. Overall, for such a long trip, it wasn’t too bad.

Lies getting me from the airport

Lieselotte picked me up at the airport and we went to get some dinner with her boyfriend Drew before heading to her house in Berkeley. It’s so cold here compared to what I’m used to! I’m having to borrow a bunch of clothes from Lies since all my stuff is for Bali weather. On the plus side, my heat rash is now totally gone. Lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment