Sunday, October 2, 2011

Perfect Sunday

At EA's bday lunch.
Today was a great Sunday.  The weather was in the 60s, finally making it feel like fall.  I picked up Grandma to come to church with me for the first time and it was so nice to have her along.  We enjoyed the message a lot and she got to meet some of my friends.  A little later in the afternoon, I went to a big lunch for my friend Elizabeth Anne whose birthday it was and then to Freedom Park where a bunch of church friends usually gather on Sundays.  Even though there were only a few people there today, it was just really great.  It's amazing how wonderful good weather can make you feel.  My friend Ben was there with his family and my friend Lesley was there and she ran about 2 miles or so with me around the lake.  It was such a nice afternoon and when I got in the car to come home, I got a message from my friend Erika in LA saying she could come up for a weekend to San Fran while I'm there to visit. 

When I got home no one was here, but after I got out of the shower, Mom got home with her friend Linda and we all watched Everwood together which was a nice end to the day.  I'm just so blessed by the friends and family in my life. 

Last night I went to a clothing exchange where about 20 girls brought all the clothes/shoes/accessories they were tired of and we all just swapped.  I got a few cute new things and had a lovely time meeting new girls and catching up w/older friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment