Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bitter-Sweet Goodbye

Today is my last day at work, and yes, it is bitter-sweet.  It is a beautiful day of about 70 with spring in the air.  I'm about to leave for Florida and my things are packed.  And even though I know I'll be okay, and have plenty of work as a freelancer, it's the newsroom people I will dearly miss.  I knew I would miss my close friends here - Cleve and Jessy in particular - but there were others I didn't expect that I'm just now realizing how much I'll miss them. 

Today, one of the editors I work with told me I'm "just about the nicest person she's ever met" in all sincerity.  Then she gave me a beautiful little hand-thrown pottery flower holder with flowers and a card.  Practically made me tear up. 

On the other hand, I'm rather excited to be leaving.  I'm ready to travel again and make my own schedule.  I also have that thrill of expectation.  Like standing on the edge of a cliff and peeking over to see what's at the bottom - and whether or not you'll jump.  It's the fear and joy of the unknown.  So many possibilities.  Sort of like being single after being in a relationship for a while.  Or maybe that's just the way I feel...lol

Also, I'm hoping very sincerely to make it abroad soonish.   I miss Europe something terrible and I really, truly want to see some of the beautiful cities in southern Spain. 

So, I'm sure I'll have updates from Florida, but until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment